An authentic blend of aromatic spices, tomato, black pepper and cinnamon for a beautifully balanced Garam Masala dish.
Spinach Dal Recipe - Serves 4
1. Place 100g dried lentils and 1/4 tsp ground turmeric in 800ml cold water in a pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes (skim off any excess scum which forms).
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a separate pan and add 1 finely chopped onion, fry until soft.
3. Add 2 tsp finely chopped ginger, 1 tsp finely chopped garlic and 1/4 jar of Patak's Garam Masala spice paste, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add 50ml water; cook until the water has evaporated.
4. Add 200g chopped tomatoes and 50g butter, cook 4-5 minutes.
5. Add the lentil mixture to this pan, with 100g baby leaf spinach and cook for 5 minutes until the spinach has wilted. Season to preference.
Chilli rating - hot - 3
No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
Suitable for vegetarians.
* Allergy Advice: contains mustard. May contain traces of peanut or tree nuts.
Ingredients: Water, vegetable oil, cinnamon, ground ginger, black pepper, Concentrated tomato puree, sugar, salt, maize flour, acetic acid, cardamom, coriander, cumin, garlic powder, spices (contains mustard)
Patak's Garam Masala Paste 283g
Sabores del Mundo, Madrid, Spain "online web store to buy imported food and drinks at best prices"